We’re kicking off the school year at Girls Inc. of Alameda County! As our girls head back to the classroom, they’ll be supported at every grade by the caring staff at Girls Inc. Elementary girls are practicing their reading, acting out stories, and improving their literacy skills, laying the groundwork for future academic success. Middle school girls are jumping into STEM projects including building circuit boards and designing websites. And high school girls are becoming advocates in their communities, receiving academic support for new and challenging classes, and applying to college.
This fall, Girls Inc. is introducing a new dual-immersion English/Spanish literacy curriculum for elementary students. In a new partnership with Bridges Academy in East Oakland, Girls Inc. is piloting this unique program to deepen our commitment and help meet the needs of English Language Learners. To reinforce the proven methodology used in their classrooms and to increase fluency and build language skills, K-2nd grade students will learn in Spanish and 3rd graders will layer in English.
You can be a part of it!
Help us get off to a great start to the school year. Your investment – at any level – directly supports our girls. Here’s the kind of impact you can make:
- $25: drafting paper for middle schoolers to design a bike and pedestrian-friendly map
- $50: fabric and craft supplies for elementary students to make costumes for a Reader’s Theater production
- $100: ingredients for twenty-eight 3rd graders to learn to make their own breakfast burritos during a nutrition class
- $200: transportation for high school girls to learn about ecology, practice taking positive risks, and get fit on a hiking trip
- $250: materials for middle school girls to use Design Theory principles to build their “Perfect Hangout”
Our impact grows when our community grows. Invest today and share in our girls’ success!